My foray into urban fantasy

Yet another new category brought to me by Netgalley. I just finished up reading City of Fae by Pippa DaCosta. It releases on May 7th from Bloomsbury Spark. For now, here are some tidbits on the book with my full review to follow later this month.


Days to live. Hours to love. Seconds to kill. 

From the moment Alina touches London’s hottest fae superstar, breaking one of the laws founded to protect all of her kind, her fate – and the fae – close in. 
 
Below ground, the fae High Queen plots to claim the city as her own and places her pawns, ready for the battle to come. A battle she cannot lose, but for one small problem – Alina. There are four ancient keepers powerful enough to keep the queen in her prison. Three are dead. One remains … And to fight back, Alina risks sacrificing everything she has come to love. 

This New Adult urban fantasy is packed with action and suspense and will have you yearning for more forbidden fae romance.

Not to leave you completely hanging for teasers... I was really impressed with the concept of the main character. For a first novel in the series, I am interested enough to move forward with the series. I can't claim it as an overwhelming favorite, but who knows where we are going from here--and I want to find out.

Visit Pippa's website for more information on this series and her previous publications. Ask your local bookshop to pre-order copies for May 7th.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ga-ga-ga-gas-Lit City

The most mind-boggling book I've ever read

Uncanny Collateral by Brian McClellan