Uncanny Collateral by Brian McClellan

43716670. sy475 I have recently been watching a group of authors playing D&D on Twitch (the group is called TypecastRPG) because of Charlie Holmberg. As I have watched, I decided to start reading books by the other authors. I started with Brian McClellan's new book Uncanny Collateral

The premise is urban fantasy--not my ideal fantasy category, though I do love Buffy so it seemed like a worthy try. A reaper seeks out those who have sold their souls to the underworld. Interesting enough. Add to that the reaper has a mystical ring stuck to his finger that houses a djinn. My interest continued to mount.

I take points off for the author basing the book in Cleveland, but add points back for the armpit jokes that only an Ohioan can understand.

I didn't appreciate the profanity, but it is an urban fantasy so it wasn't surprising. The actual storytelling more than makes up for it, though. The snarkiness, the characters, the action; all terrifically written. I love the dynamics between Maggie and Alek.

I will certainly be reading the rest of the series and will highly recommend it to those with no qualms about profanity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ga-ga-ga-gas-Lit City

The Hunted by Jeff Wheeler