Who says you can't play with what you read?

Fantasy books are so mesmerizing. They take you into another world and erase all your problems for a few days. They are also incredibly lofty and take some serious reading prowess to get through. If the whole series hasn't been published, you could be waiting years for the next one to come out.

I needed a break from all the heavy reading. When that happens, I head to the tried and true section for young readers. The books are fun and take a day of magnificent binging to finish up. Perfect reading break!


Chasing Vermeer and The Wright 3 by Blue Balliett

I went to the local library for a set of easy books that didn't end up being on the shelf but sitting on the shelf above was a spine I recognized. I read Chasing Vermeer for my freshmen English young adult class. I remember the book being a lot of fun to read. Next to that book was several more by the same author. I had found my quick reading diversion. My book pallet cleanse.

I reread Chasing Vermeer to reorient myself with the series. The story line is not overly complicated, but the writing is breezy and exciting. I stayed invested in the story the entire time. The young gumshoes even manage to have a mystery that takes longer than the first three chapters to figure out. Brett Helquist also does some amazing illustrations that have there own little interactive game. These were truly a great, fun reading break.

I highly recommend these books for young readers. They will get boys and girls interested in picking up the book after they have put it down and keep reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The most mind-boggling book I've ever read

Ga-ga-ga-gas-Lit City

Uncanny Collateral by Brian McClellan