Happy St. Patrick's Day

Luck of the Irish to you all on this fine St. Patrick's Day.  As a special treat, I have many reviews that have stacked up since the holidays.  


The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman

23844254This is an alternative fiction that has a purpose for being alternative.  I can back that kind of fiction.  Irene works for the Library collecting specific writings from all the worlds and timelines.  They are a coalition that exists outside of time and space yet inside all time and space.

The story was a lot of fun and had a decent pace.  Some parts dragged a little but I have a feeling that will get ironed out as the series progresses.  The characters didn't aggravate me, which is a huge plus from me since most do. 

I think I enjoyed most the smattering of all my favorite genres into one excellent fiction stew.  There is fantasy with dragons and sprites.  There is a light touch of steampunk with automatons of crocodile proportion.  There is sci-fi with travel to alternate universes.

As much as I enjoyed this novel, it is not even remotely close to the list of $11.99 (for a DIGITAL copy no less.  Please refer back to every rant I have ever made about publishers overcharging for digital books.), let's just ignore the ridiculous $36.99 for hardcover.  Wait for it to hit Amazon's 99 cent sale or see if your local library has it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ga-ga-ga-gas-Lit City

The most mind-boggling book I've ever read

Uncanny Collateral by Brian McClellan