The Queen of All Crows by Rod Duncan

I actually ended up finishing this book at the end of last year, but I needed to step away before writing my review.  When I "closed" the book, I was antagonistic and aggressive towards it.  If it hadn't been on my Kindle, I probably would have thrown it out the window, down the mountain.  Now that I am sitting down to finally write up the review a lot of that emotion is coming back so I will be keeping this review incredibly brief.  

To say I am disappointed by this novel would be an understatement.  I truly enjoyed The Bullet Catcher's Daughter immensely.  The trilogy was strong, but the first novel was something new and exciting that pulled me in from the first chapter.  The series lagged a little in the middle, but it finished strong and I continued to have high hopes for the author.  I even bought Kindle and paperback copies of each.  

I knew The Queen of All Crows was going to be a new trilogy.  It would have the same protagonist and some supporting characters, but they would be in a whole new situation.  I just wish that situation hadn't felt like an overdrawn, exhausting propaganda pamphlet.  This work was so, so disappointing.

If you were a fan of The Bullet Catcher's Daughter, I would not recommend this book to you.  If you are looking for pirates, political intrigue at every corner and an all woman society, then please pick this up and find some entertainment where I just couldn't.  

I'll continue to check in with the author to see if Elizabeth handles her predicament better than my current predictions and for any new works that might go back to those bullet catching days.  But for now, I will certainly not be supporting this work. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ga-ga-ga-gas-Lit City

The most mind-boggling book I've ever read

Uncanny Collateral by Brian McClellan