Artemis Fowl: The Arctic Incident by Eoin Colfer

114955
Artemis Fowl was fun and witty with plenty of action and development to keep the pages turning.  I went to my local library to see if the action and good humor continued in the rest of the series.

The Arctic Incident stepped the game up a notch.  The stakes were higher.  A new villain was born.  Old enemies became new alliances.  

Standard spy book stuff.  A bit to human spy, though.  The magic and fairy essence just seems to be missing from this novel despite it taking place in the fairy realm.  I was actually quite disappointed.

Unfortunately, my library only had up to book two, so I'm not going to see if the series rights itself any time soon.  (I have to hope that it must since it continues on for six more books.)

Sorry for such a brief review, I just had such lukewarm feelings.  No hate, but no love either.  Makes for short thoughts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncanny Collateral by Brian McClellan

Ga-ga-ga-gas-Lit City

The Hunted by Jeff Wheeler