The Warrior Queen by Emily King

37588712Unfortunately this is a series that has only gotten worse the further I have gotten into it. The start had a ton of promise; interesting magics, strong culture. I should have been more leery when Kalinda and Deven fell in love out the gate.

The characters continue to have a vitality all their own, which only makes the rehashed plot lines more obvious. With such unique voices, I wish the world building had been as creative.

I'll sum it all up with this is Orpheus's Inferno.

This author came highly recommended so I'm going to try and give her new series a chance, but I'm very wary. I see the potential in the great character originality. I am just really hoping that Ms. King has grown in her world building abilities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncanny Collateral by Brian McClellan

Ga-ga-ga-gas-Lit City

The Hunted by Jeff Wheeler