Wolves and Daggers by Melanie Karsak

37905258. sy475 During the beta read of Wonderland Academy, Melanie recommended that I read her "Steampunk Red Riding Hood" series because I love her "Airship Racing Chronicles" and "Wonderland Academy" series. Not one to ignore a recommendation, I picked up a copy of Wolves and Daggers

I had put off reading this series due to my reservations about werewolves, but I'm now glad that I followed the recommendation. The writing of Melanie Karsak is absolutely wonderful, and I was completely entertained by this story.

Red Riding Hood has turned into Clemeny, agent of the Red Cape Society, fighter of werewolves in Queen Victoria's England. Her and her partner, Quinn, have become tangled in a nefarious plot that keeps the pages turning.

I actually managed to read the entire novel in one binge-worthy day. I have to point out my typical complaint with alternative history pieces, though. I don't like when factual historical characters play roles in fantasy. I think it is a line that shouldn't be blurred.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Uncanny Collateral by Brian McClellan

Ga-ga-ga-gas-Lit City

The Hunted by Jeff Wheeler