You're My I.T. by C. N. Holmberg

Romances are not usually my thing. But when you read everything else the author publishes, you give it a shot. Especially if you get an advanced copy. So today I want to give a big shout out to the launch of a new romance series by C. N. Holmberg. You can now go check it out for yourselves. 

Honestly, I was impressed. This is a standard, sweet rom-com. Blaine has had terrible luck in love and buries her feelings in roller derby. A bookworm in a super corporate job, there is no surprise when she falls in love with the socially awkward, D&D IT guy. The real surprise is what a sabbatical in California can do for a dude. 

I have not suddenly been transformed into a romance reader, but I now easily have a series that I can recommend to those I know love the genre. While you get your standard rom-com plot line, this was a good story that I wanted to keep reading until the very end. The whole beginning to end made my heart happy. Characters openly dealing with body image standards made this book feel wonderfully authentic. But fear not, there are plenty of incredibly awkward communication faux pas to keep the laughs rolling.

The authenticity makes this a favorite of mine and continues to keep this as one of my favorite authors. No matter what she writes it has provocation and entertainment. The better news is book two of the series will be available next month. So you won't have to wait long to head back to Happy Valley.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ga-ga-ga-gas-Lit City

The most mind-boggling book I've ever read

The Hunted by Jeff Wheeler